3 August 2015

Clam Before The Strum

So, is he going to Show up?

Nnn... at this rate, it's starting to get more and more unlikely. I mean, he was pretty ticked off that we refused to address him by his proper name, but there's already a Shou on this island. We can't have two.


Dang it. And I'd prepared a party hat and a T-shirt introducing him as the latest peon to join Bunbunmaru Updates. How's he even surviving, it's not like he's receiving handouts from Okuu's Look-alike and the other islanders, is he?

Well... considering that his biodata said he had a reputation for stealing, it's entirely possible that he could be getting on in his own way...


Something sounds so wrong about this line. And what else can you think of that smells like a wet dead fish?

So, the old five-finger discount. I'd be surprised if he's able to pull it off, though. You know those wooden-headed robots that run the stores around here? They don't mess around when it comes to shoplifters. Where do you think they get their fuel to operate? Certainly it's not from combusting the accumulated contents of the latrines on this island!

He seems gentlemanly enough, though. Certainly more than you, Kiba. He might have been able to convince someone well enough to persuade them to feed him despite his status as a layabout and a rogue.

You're kidding, I mean, look at me! I'm way more destitute and in need of handouts than some lamer like him. I mean, all I have are the clothes on my back, a laptop, and multiple MMORPG accounts with rare items and in-game currency. If anyone deserves to be fed, it's a poor buried talent like me!

Or, you know, you should get a job instead of playing computer games all day...

Implying I'm not doing anything right now... oh, whatever. I'm saying there's no way he could have persuaded someone to feed a good-for-nothing like him. Maybe he stole something valuable, sold it, and used the profits to buy himself a meal.

Speaking of which, there's been a report recently from the Mii Wear clothing shop that a certain extremely expensive item has gone missing recently, and if it turns up anywhere the finder is encouraged to bring it back... or face being hunted into extinction.

   That's right, I got the most expensive thing that's possible to get from those fairground goodie bags. And I already have it...

Lost, expensive Jewel Dress? Coo... maybe I should go look for it and bring it back to claim a reward. Besides, it's not like I'd steal it or anything. Why would I want a dress, dresses are for girls.

Don't worry, Kiba. It's not like anyone suggested for a single moment that your deepest greatest desire is to wear a girly dress.

That's right.... hey, what's that supposed to mean?!  

No, nothing at all. It's pretty clear that you'd never wear a dress unless someone paid you a lot of money to do it, and make you stand at the top of the mountain and do a silly pose.

Of course I wouldn't, but... where are you getting all these silly ideas from?  I mean, sure, I need money, but I'm not that desperate... or that absurd.

Maybe Show's just gone to cash in on the one of the latest crazes on Gensokyo Island. It's like Gensokyo Island's Funniest Home Videos, except you're filming yourself instead of your cretinous relative or underling.

 Where is this place on the island anyway? And poor pose. 

Ugh, how silly... but this doesn't solve our problem. Show is, well, not going to show. And that means Aya Shameimaru is probably going to dump whatever big project she was planning on top of our heads.

On that, well, I actually got some news in from her the other day, and it's been corroborated with Okuu's Look-alike's office... things might get a little strange within a week's time.

A little strange? What, are they opening the time-space anomaly again? It's been a while since they did that, and for all the problems it helped to fix it just introduced way more. Not to mention... damn it, I'll never forget that mist of blood...

I'm not sure what exactly what was meant, but it seems that Gensokyo Island will be, uh, setting a course for a region of higher traveller density. I haven't a clue what that means myself, but....

You know, Yugen... have you ever taken a look at all these old photographs on the walls of the office? Those Aya took, showing all these travellers from foreign lands, posing with the citizens of Gensokyo Island, whole groups of the lined up at the docks....

What about them?

In all the time I've been on this island, I've never seen such a sight. Assuming the photos weren't faked....

You're saying Gensokyo Island used to be very different in the past? Before... before, well, I can't even conceive of how this island could have been different. It's always looked very much the same to me.

That's exactly how I feel. It's like... it's like this place we're living on right now was like a whole other planet or something. And yet, if it wasn't for all these old photographs, it'd be impossible to tell.

  A whole other planet? Let's not take things too far. We don't want to be accused of discrimination against aliens/demons/tigers/whatnot.

So, Show didn't report for work at Bunbunmaru Updates, and there are rumours of some fundamental shakeup in the near future. If it's any consolation, at least the islanders here have been pretty quiet, which leaves us less things to do and more time to be prepared.

Worrisome, yes, but there's that at least. Wait... it seems here that there's a message for both of us.

Who's it from?  Unusual for anyone to actually want to talk to us...

It's.... Okuu's Look-alike? The message... "Gather your belongings. Be prepared to depart at any moment within the fortnight."

W... what? Depart at any moment? And people still use the word "fortnight"?!

That's what it says. Oh dear... this sounds ominous.


BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 30th July 2015
BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 31st July 2015
BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 1st August 2015

 Gee! It sure is BORING around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment