20 February 2015

Lunatic New Year

Hey, hey hey hey, Kiba! You're always so buried in your comics and games, it's funny to see you out and about! Have you heard?

... huff ... pant ... What is it? I'm a little busy here...

There's a new islander who's just moved in! I was just about to head off to meet her! Wanna come with me?

... puff ... cough ... what's she like? Is she...

She calls herself a moon princess! You know, like the tale of the man, uh, woman on the moon, and the rabbits, and all that. Don't you know?

Ugh... that one... she wouldn't happen to go by the handle lunaticprincess@eientei.com, would she?

I... I don't know anything about that. But what makes you think so? Do you know her already?

Whew... well, she said she was going to fly over here to Gensokyo Island and beat me up in real life for saying her online husbando was crap. I thought she was just trolling at first, but when I heard about a 'moon princess' I thought it would be best to take some precautions...

Fly over here? What are you talking about? I don't think we're talking about the same person - I doubt Marisa Kirisame and Miko Toyosatomimi's daughter Toyoko would already know how to use a computer, never mind play online games!

Look at that face! She's adorable! I knew that this was the one... of Marisa and Miko's kids who'd finally earn a place in Mii Apartments.

Toyoko? Wait... so if she's Marisa and Miko's kid, how is she a moon princess again?

Hee... it's because Marisa said that Toyoko reminded her of a crazy moon princess she met some time ago, and it just so happens that that moon princess' name was Toyohime Watatsuki. So she and Miko decided to give their daughter the full name of Toyohime Kirisame, but to her parents she'll always be their lovely Toyoko. Isn't that so sweet?

.... sweet? I guess that's nice. At least she isn't that other crazy moon princess who's threatening to gut me in real life.

Other moon princess? What are you talking about, Kiba? I hope that after all those games you haven't lost the ability to differentiate between fantasy and reality!

I'm totally serious here! In fact, I was told to look out for a foreigner who had just applied to live here on Gensokyo Island and... OH MY KANAKO and SUWAKO, there she is! I'm getting out of here!!!

And there he goes, dashing off again., Hehe, he looks so awkward with that crazy stare and stumbling gait of his. And what's there to be afraid of from that stranger over there? She looks awfully relaxed. In fact, I think she's sleepwalking! Hmm... does she have a name tag somewhere?

Hmm... Name, Kaguya Houraisan. Occupation, moon princess and professional NEET. Health warning - disturb only at your own risk.
Help me, Eirin! I'm too lazy to go on holiday so you can go on my behalf.

I see... well, I think Kiba would be happy with a new playmate who shares his interests and hobbies. Two moon princess in two days, huh? And over the lunar new year? It's a veritable lunatic runagate over here. Wait, what does that even mean?

In any case, I think it works out in the end since Okuu's Look-alike was mentioning something about the proportion of characters based on the Touhou series falling below 50% of Gensokyo Island, and planning to do something about it in the near future. In fact, I've been informed by a reliable source that even following this... these new arrivals, Okuu's Look-alike is considering yet still more applications from other Touhou Project characters. I'm thrilled, it looks like we could see some action in the near future!

Speaking of the Lunar New Year, one of the most common traditions is the practice of families reuniting, even for a brief moment, to celebrate the occasion. And it just so happened that one of Gensokyo Island's émigrés, Alexandre, the son and first child of Yuuka Kazami and Augustine Sycamore, returned to spend a night back at his old folks' place! Not just that, but he also brought a foreign delicacy back as a gift for his parents... or rather for Okuu's Look-alike, who very quickly confiscated it as per Gensokyo Island contraband laws. What a stickler.

Please, sir, I want some more. Some more special foods that aren't dollops of crap on a banana-leaf style exotic, that is.

Likewise, another of Gensokyo Island's more fortunate sons, unable to return for this festive occasion, was conscientious enough to write back to let his parents know how he's getting along. Juntaro, the second son and third child of Reimu Hakurei and Junya Ohta, wrote back to tell of his adventures on Yui Island. That may sound familiar, as according to the records Juntaro had just departed Yui Island a month ago, meaning that he must have liked it so much he came back!

My verdict is still open on whether I have that same kind of positive opinion about Gensokyo Island yet, but Okuu's Look-alike tells me that she thinks she has that same feeling about Alexandre. After all, before coming here I travelled back and forth between Dubu Island and Yen's Island, and Alexandre seems to have taken my place as a hobo... I mean a frequent traveller on the ferries between the two islands. After all, each and every one of us is happy that a fellow traveller is not simply still alive (it's hard to overstate our satisfaction) but lucky enough to find a place they can call a home away from home.

Juntaro hanging out with Shiratori, a native of Yui Island who looks rather like a Japanese variety show host.

Like a new phase of the moon, a new (lunar) new year means a new start at life, and just like pretty much every other day, another couple on Gensokyo Island announced a further addition to their family today. Unyuho Morichika and Berthold Gregor celebrated the birth of their first child, a girl named Gloriana, who's also the first grandchild of Utsuho Reiuji and Rinnosuke Morichika. No doubt both parents and grandparents are proud, as Gen. Gregor stated that he chose the name specifically to evoke and honour the grandiose beauty of his homeland the East Europan Imperial Alliance. Um, not sure what Gloriana's mom and both grandparents have to say about that, but I'm pretty sure they're happy nonetheless.

Lastly, not to be outdone, Shikieiki Yamaxanadu also announced that she and Chiyo Mihama would be aiming for a fifth child, in an attempt to earn their place on Gensokyo Island. Gotta keep up with the Joneses, or rather the Hakureis and the Reiujis, as the case may be. Good luck to them, after all a couple whose primary concern is procreation is one who isn't spending time tearing chunks out of each other. Only on Gensokyo Island is a parent's job a happy one (happy one)!

Shiki Eiki finds inspiration in the fecundity of insects. In the meantime, Unyuho brings forth a child who's snarky from birth. Yes, it's a girl.

Whew, that's it for this lunar special! I'm sure Okuu's Look-alike must be over the moon from all the good news that's been going on these past couple of days. I wonder where Kiba's run off to now.

... she hacked my account??!! ...

Kiba, are you all right? Your eyes are... all glassed over.

... my data ... my records ... my rare items, all gone...

What are you talking about? You mean Kaguya Houraisan? She's just sleeping on the bench over there. How could she...

... I wish I'd been beaten up in real life instead. It would be a lot faster to heal from that ...

I worry for you, Kiba. I really do.

BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 19th February 2015

Island Updates (Population 58)
Please welcome Kaguya Houraisan, the newest resident of Gensokyo Island! She is an Easygoing Buddy.

Traveller Updates
Alexandre returned from Yen's Island to visit his parents Yuuka Kazami and Augustine Sycamore! He has visited 2 islands so far.

Children
Shikieiki Yamaxanadu announced that her wife Chiyo Mihama was pregnant with their fifth child!  

BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 20th February 2015

Island Updates (Population 59)
Please welcome Toyohime Kirisame, the newewst resident of Gensokyo Island! She is an Independent Free Spirit
 
Traveller Updates
Juntaro, son of Reimu Hakurei and Junya Ohta, wrote back from Yui Island! He has visited 4 islands so far.

Children
Toyoko, daughter of Marisa Kirisame and Miko Toyosatomimi, grew up. She was invited to live on Gensokyo Island!
Gloriana was born to Unyuho Morichika and Berthold Gregor. It's their first child! She is an Outgoing Leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment