6 January 2015

A Cry for Help!

Testing, testing. Please respond! Is there anyone out there? And if there is someone, do they know anything about a place called Gensokyo Island?! More specifically, how to get off it?

That's me.

Oh, how rude of me. I should probably introduce myself. The name's Hito. I just left home to start a new life of adventure, and what should come along first but a boat offering a holiday on the wonderful fantasy paradise of Gensokyo Island?

Mom and Dad warned me that all these advertisements were never what they seemed. But I didn't listen. What I had to endure on that island was a holiday no doubt ... from the reassuring comfort of cold, hard reality.

What is this, poop? This radio doesn't even work! And you call that room service? The heck, this isn't shampoo!

But even that wasn't the least of my problems. Imagine my horror when I found out the next day that I was to be trapped in this place, with almost no hope of escape. The ships scheduled to arrive at the island's port at regular intervals had suddenly vanished. And I was not the only one to discover I was now trapped in this ungodly hellhole.

Is this the cast of the next Power Rangers?

Yes, that's me again. Hito, last in the line clinging to the vain hope that a ship will pass by Gensokyo Island and take us back into the wild blue yonder. But most certainly not the last to fall victim to this island's cruel and vicious wiles.

I heard from the girl in front of me that "the island's owner had forgotten to open the port for business early that day". Whether that's true or not I can't say, but it resulted in a huge backlog of people unable to leave the island, even though several boats visited the port and offloaded goods right before their very eyes. 

And now, though we're all lined up at the port, the boats have somehow stopped coming. Something has gone very wrong, and none of us know what. The only thing we've agreed on for sure is that we'll leave this place at the first opportunity, in the order at which we lined up this fateful day.

Father, mother, help me. I don't know how long I can cling on but I won't stop hoping, as long as I can keep my mind. I just have to hold it together ... I have to rationalise that I have a bright future ahead of me, and there are still good people in this world whom I can count on to help me survive the time I'll spend marooned on Gensokyo Island.

Oh, that girl in front of me? The one with the pink hair? She's kind of cute too. Maybe things won't be so bad.

 It's Hito's travel card! But what use is an exit permit when you can't even leave!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment