27 July 2015

Dopple Gangster

Mmmph... I'm so full, I could hardly eat another bite! That party was the best!

Eh? Kiba? Is that... free cake you've got there? And I know it's free, because I certainly couldn't imagine you spending your pathetic salary on silly things like fancy coloured cake,

Ah, Yugen... you know me so well already. And yeah, it was totally free! I picked it up in the morning post before you arrived, but it was an invitation to Kanako Yasaka's birthday party! The only other necessary conditions for entry, apart from having an invite, were swearing eternal loyalty to the Moriya Shrine (whatever that is) and agreeing to not see the last two zeroes from her actual age. But surely 20.00 and 20 are the same thing, right?

That hag is 20, really? And that's Kanako's wifey Shanghai at the back with Okuu - I was a little concerned but two were actually getting along well.

Kiba, have you even been reading that invite right? Is eternal loyalty really the kind of thing you should be swearing to people you hardly even know?

Hm? *burp* Well, it didn't matter, I was like the only one in about the tiny handful of people who showed up who weren't already devotees of this Moriya Shrine thingy, so they let me have half the cake! It's like it tastes even sweeter the more I eat of it. You want some?

Ugh, no thanks. I don't feel like signing away my freedom or my eternal soul. And knowing you, you've probably got drool over the whole thing already.

A shame... I even licked it to make sure no one else would take it so I could save it to bring back here for you. Oh well, more for me...

Yeck. Anyway, I met Aya Shameimaru on the way here and she told us we have an extra-special assignment today.

*gobble* ... ahem... Extra-special? How so?

It seems like a new traveller arrived at the docks today, and she told us to pay "very close attention" to them...

A new traveller?! Don't tell me...

 Always good to have more non-robot assaasin travellers show up. But... Shou? Where have I seen that name before.

I know what you're hoping for, Kiba, but unfortunately no, it's a bloke this time around. Again.

Aw, darn it... I swear even without taking into account those kids born recently here on Gensokyo Island, this place is turning into a right sausage fest. Good thing I can find all the girls I need on the Internet, and they're much cuter in 2D too.

Funny that your obsession with 2D girls caused you to miss out on actually building a relationship with 3D girls when you had the chance...

Wait, what did you say?

N... nothing. Anyway, let's just go scout this new fellow out, shall we? 

I could swear I heard.... oh never mind. Let's grab the usual blackmail supplies and go, then. He could be a promising new minion for Bunbunmaru Updates... assuming he isn't a complete loony like Alex, that is... 

  What the... he's so freakishly tall. And these are supposed to be kids... is he the Colossal Titan or something?

So... what do the immigration records say about this guy, before we decide how to best ambush him?

Says his name's ... Shou? Isn't that the name of someone else on Gensokyo Island? And this is only the second island that he's been to... but he's already got a record.

A record? For what? Based on that height in the photograph, he must have won a prize for tallest kid ever or something like that.

No, more like... a criminal record? Says here that he was busted for stealing on various occasions.
 
Stealing? Whoa, like stealing what? And they still let him onto this island? Man, what are those immigration people thinking...

Actually, it says he has a talent stealing metaphorical and intangible things. Like stealing people's names, manner of speech, even their quirks. So while he technically counts as having stole them, they're still in the possession of their original owners so they didn't actually lose anything... except possibly their temper at having their defining characteristics stolen from them.
 
Huh... that 's so... mental. At least he's not a religious fundamentalist like the other guy...

Hey, what are you plebs doing standing out there in the middle of nowhere? Are you guys visiting, or just acting as furniture?  Come in, come in, let's have a chat... about the weird characters from anime and video games on this island.

Whoa! Wait... did that bastard just call us "plebs"? Isn't that the kind of thing you used to do before this island beat a bit of humility into you, Yugen?

I'm starting to see why this bad habit of his was remarked on ...


So, if I'm Shou, I should dye my hair a tiger-stripey orange and hang out Captain Murasa, then, since we're bros! But we're not...

Uh... hey there. My name's Yugen, I'm a traveller just like you, but I've been chilling out on this island for about two months now...

And I'm Kiba. I used to be a traveller like you, but then I took a heck of a lot of misfortune to the knee and I've been stuck on this island since February. So you can say I'm pretty much a long-term resident at this point.

You say your name's Shou? But we can't call you that, there's already someone else on this island called Shou. It's Shou Toramaru, who happens to be some sort of tiger-person or something.

Tiger youkai, actually, and she's also the husband of our boss Aya Shameimaru. Er, they're both girls, yes. It's a little complicated, but those youkai sure are a funny sort anyhow...

I see now why Aya told us to handle this... well, apart from the fact that she usually tells us to handle stuff like this while she spends her time taking naughty photographs... ahem. So, yeah, we can't call you the same thing because it might cause a bit of confusion. Can we have an alternative?
 
Well, it's not unheard of for two people to have the same name... Aliasse Foerster and Minamitsu Murasa have a kid called Drake, while Utonium is also known as Drake Kitazawa, but one's a traveller and the other's a rarely used full name, so... well, let's just call you something different in our report. How about Show

Show? Kiba, though that sounds really daft... well, it's the closest we can do. So what do you think of it, Show?
 
AFFIRMATIVE.

Wait, wha....

WHAAAAA...?!!!

Nothing. Merely a manner of speech I observed from a strange person at the port. Ha ha ha.

Um... well, we'd appreciate if you didn't imitate him. It freaks out poor Kiba over here... yeah, he can be a bit of an arse sometimes but I'd rather have him as his usual self and not a gibbering wreck. 

Sorry. Just my little hobby.

Ahem... all right then. Anyway, here's our business card. Bunbunmaru Updates. Come check us out in the morning if you need a part-time job to earn a little wage while you're here on Gensokyo Island.

... *gibber gibber* ...

Kiba, you can get up from there now, he isn't actually a robot assassin from the future...

 Show's business card. I should mention he was at absolute zero when he first got here... Gensokyo Island is such a generous places!

BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 25th July 2015


BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 26th July 2015

Happy 20th(?) Birthday, Kanako Yasaka!

Traveller Updates
A boat from Puroro Island arrived. Show of Muu Island arrived, Sasha departed.

BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 27th July 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment