12 March 2015

Shipping Blues

Hey, Kiba here. Not that I really want to be, though, I have an expedition calling out for me...

Ex... what? Oh. It kinda started when Toritori saw me playing Ship Girls Collection the other day, and she was like "oh, wow, you're interested in ships? Cooool!!!" and she ran off in her own inscrutably happy way. It's like she didn't even notice the cute girls who are half (or more) of the reason anyone plays the game anyway... 

However, the next thing I knew was that Aya Shameimaru came up to me and slapped me with a project on 'Shipping'. Um... she'd probably be better off asking her neighbour Captain Minamitsu Murasa, because all I do is play computer games, not anything actually realistic! Nevertheless, I set to work on my task, the first stop being, naturally, the port here at Gensokyo Island.

There was, in fact, some news today, as a cargo ship from Pikapi island pulled up overnight, taking Gensokyo Island's most able seaman, Chester, the son of Murasa and Aliasse Foerster, with them. Well, I'd say "able" as an adjective and not as a rank, given that the products of Gensokyo Island's baby factory have yet to actually garner any oceangoing experience, I think that more accurately translates to "will not die horribly upon boarding a boat". Which is most people. But not everyone.

Cavemen with boats? Somewhere Sid Meier is crying.

Ah, one more passenger craft, one day closer until I can pack up and head to a new place. I mean, I'm not especially bothered staying here... apart from being able to chat with some of my favourite characters from computer games, the wifi is also pretty decent, and no one seems to mind when I leech from the power sockets in the apartment building. However it's not exactly a nice thought when you consider how all those cutesy anime and game characters are in fact tearing each other apart in horrifically dysfunctional relationships.

Toritori mentioned it to me before, but I'm actually starting to feel a bit of pity for Okuu's Look-alike and her mad quest to keep couples with children together. Take the example of Alice Margatroid and Kyubey Incubator, for example. Just a couple of days ago Okuu's Look-alike was moaning about how they just suddenly decided to hate each other despite being happily married for such a long time. 

Well, we may have found an answer as to why Alice, better known as "The Doll Maniac", has been turning cold towards her husband Kyubey, the maker of magical girls. The reason?

There is another...

  Who is that handsome master race fellow? That's not Marisa? Do you know who he is? Neither do I...

Who would have thought that Alice's obsession with humanoid inanimate objects would have led her to find her true love? Clearly nothing actually living is good enough for her, not even Marisa Kirisame. Naturally, this revelation was so confusing that Kyubey decided that the only way to deal with it was to redouble his efforts to maintain his hold on Alice's soul... er, I mean affections. And Okuu's Look-alike was all too happy to assist in that endeavour.

The flip side of love, however, is hate. And Gensokyo Island has recently become host to the fiercest hatred this side of the boundary between life and death. The lunatic moon princess, Kaguya Houraisan, and the hapless human she jinxed into immortality, Mokou Fujiwara, have fought an endless battle for the last thousand or so years, killing and being killed, but never actually dying. Some people do not die when they are killed, yes.

So, you see, if there ever was an entry for "most hated person" in an islander's profile, you'd be sure to find Kaguya and Mokou at the top of each other's lists. In fact, let's take a glance right now at Kaguya's profile...

What is this I don't even... how could this happen???

Um... I'm not sure what happene here. But apparently Kaguya and Mokou have become besties. Y'know, even despite the "kill each other on a regular basis" thing they have going on. 

When pressed for a comment, Okuu's Look-alike seemed to be just as confused about this outcome as apparently the two have the exact opposite personalities. As in, their parameters are reversed, whatever that means...  Apparently, Maximillian Magma and Archibald Aqua have a similar relationship with their personalities being direct opposites, but Maxie and Archie have never so much as even spoken to each other, never mind become friends. 

In contrast, Kaguya and Mokou have been here for less than a month... well, given that Kaguya is probably the very reason Mokou moved here to Gensokyo Island, there might be something deeper in their relationship than just plain hate...

But don't misunderstand me! When I say "I hate having to do work!", I really mean it! I just want to get back to my laptop and manage my fleet again... ugh, having to actually work for food sucks.

BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 11th March 2015

Traveller Updates
A boat arrived from Pikapi Island. Chester departed.

BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 12th March 2015

Relationships and Marriage
Kaguya Houraisan and Mokou Fujiwara became best friends! 

Children
Kyubey Incubator announced that his wife Alice Margatroid was pregnant with their fourth child!  

No comments:

Post a Comment