21 June 2015

Cargo Cult

Another dull day at the office... and Kiba seems to have gotten there before me. Or perhaps he didn't even leave for the dormitory yesterday. Hey, Kiba!

... yawn ... what's up, Yugen. Don't tell me you've got some news, because I like it much better when there's none. More time for MMOs...

Well, no, I've got nothing. And have you seen the new hire Alex

Him? No... and besides, he seems to take his own sweet time to get from one place to another. I'm surprised you didn't see him leaving while on your way in. I told you, it's like he's made out of the same thing as those giant stone heads.

So, that means we don't have to do anything today? And what about our boss Aya Shameimaru?

Oh, you know, same old. Skipping out on actually doing anything in the office because of maternity leave again.

 Sycamore was so shocked at Aya and Shou's uninspired name for their kid, he asked for a little punishment from Yuuka to get it out of his mind.

So it seems like her and her husband Shou Toramaru have decided to name their kid, inspiringly enough, Taiga. Because... maybe they were inspired by the beauty and splendour of vast swathes of frozen plains... or they decided to make a lame pun using the name of their kid. I wonder which one it could be.

Oh, I'd say... it's the lame pun, isn't it. 

Let's say it was so bad that Augustine Sycamore, who overheard it, was so shocked that he decided for the evening to finally succumb to his sadistic wife Yuuka Kazami's evil wiles and let her have her way with him, simply to get it out of his head. It was just that awful.

But he seems to have liked it, otherwise he wouldn't keep smiling like that.

Would you really tell Yuuka that you didn't like it? Yuuka the sadistic super-powerful maniac who singlehandedly genocided an entire Hell's worth of demons?

Well... I suppose you do have a point. But that still leaves us with the problem of having nothing interesting to report for today.

If you're that keen on doing something productive, rich boy, you could try dropping down to the Food Mart to that new Soft-Serve Ice Cream that's been on sale. I hear that when Okuu's Look-alike heard about it, she tore down the stairs and barged straight in to snap it up like a starved wretch.

 It's Ice Cream! Who the hell wouldn't want Ice Cream! Not to mention that means only one more food left to go to collect them all!


And you don't like Soft-Serve Ice Cream, Kiba? Strange, considering your otherwise... youthful tastes.

Not for its taste, but rather it gets my hands all sticky. Makes a mess of my keyboard, so I try to avoid the stuff as much as possible. But if you're really that starved of things to do, you're welcome to help me get one... with your pocket money, of course.

Nnh... typical peasant, taking advantage of his betters... fine, I'll get one for you. I'll just be heading off again.... WHAAA??? 

WHAAAA??? What the hell's going on! I'm in the middle of a raid and you made me ... gosh darn it wiped again.

I... I don't believe it! There are ships, many ships... in fact a whole fleet of ships lining up to dock at the port! There are so many I can see them all the way from here!

Bah, just ignore it, you clot. It's probably Okuu's Look-alike who's activated that space-time distortion device again....

But didn't you say she was at the Food Mart gorging her face on Soft-Serve Ice Cream? And besides, I don't see that ominous mist or anything, it's clear skies all the way. Kiba, get off your computer and take a look at this, this is phenomenal!

Oh fine, I'll just be over there in a moment to see what's going on, what the... holy... I don't believe this! I'm getting that camera with the ultra-powerful zoom lens, this we've got to record!

   Nope, this isn't a dream, nor is it a temporal or spatial distortion. It's real, eight travellers sent off into the wild blue yonder in a single day.

I... I don't believe this. This is the most I've ever seen all at once, not including Okuu's Look-alike's attempts to fiddle with the timestream. It's almost unreal.

And the names of the travellers... Belle, Giuseppe, Enma, Albert, Christian, and Yuuko II. There were even two boats that left without picking anyone up at all! I'm truly impressed, if this wasn't the work of some reality-distorting device it must have been a very fortuitous day indeed!

I'm inclined to agree, but... hey. I just remembered. Something in the traveller's guide about boats leaving without picking anyone up... that means that those islands must be so full of unprocessed travellers that they simply refuse to accept any more. And an island full of unprocessed travellers is an island that's utterly neglected by its owner.

Which is to say, any traveller that has already ended up at such an island is probably dead of starvation and exposure already. 

Yes... and considering that two out of the eight boats that arrived came from such islands, and none dropped off a traveller... I'm a bit fearful for continued existence of the travellers who left today. Except for that Christian dude, that fundie can go preach at the bottom of the sea for all I care. But yes, the rest of them...

It's so unlike you to be concerned for others for once, Kiba. You couldn't possibly still be worried about...
She's fine... um... I mean... what were you talking about again? Anyway this sort of thing is detailed in the warning manuals that all of us travellers get, so it's something all of us need to be wary of! That's how it is!

Manuals all of us get, eh? How peculiar, I don't seem to possess such a manual... But more curiously...

 Gary Oak? Is that the person from whom you learned how to utterly screw over everyone else for your own benefit?

The hell? Is that Alex over there at the docks? So that's where he went, he was off booking his place on the next trip while the two of us were slogging away here actually doing something helpful. That sneaky bastard!

I agree, that just ain't cricket. That bounder, leaping ahead of me... I mean us, that's simply unacceptable and ungentlemanly, breaking his promises to go off fulfilling his own agenda. Outrageous, since we have nothing to do shall the two of us head over there and drag him back together?

Well! As much as I'd like to give him a piece of my mind I have the suspicion that he'll worm his way back here eventually. He hasn't even been fed, let alone paid, and assuming he isn't actually a giant stone head alien robot he'll be crawling back here in no time begging for a morsel of sustenance. And then we can take it out on him.

That sounds like a plan! That ruffian will get his just desserts, all right! And I don't mean a Soft-Serve Ice Cream. 


BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 19th June 2015

 
BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 20th June 2015

Traveller Updates
A boat from Meat Island arrived. Belle departed.
A boat from Lemon Island arrived. Giuseppe of Verona Island departed.
A boat from Utapri Island arrived. Enma departed.
A boat from Yozora Island arrived.
A boat from Anteiku Island arrived.
A boat from Teehee Island arrived. Albert departed.
A boat from Friendship Island arrived. Christian of del cuore Island departed.
A boat from Tatsumi Island arrived. Yuuko II departed.

Children
Taiga was born to Aya Shameimaru and Shou Toramaru. It's their seventh child! He is a Confident Adventurer.
Augustine Sycamore announced that his wife Yuuka Kazami was pregnant with their sixth child! 

No comments:

Post a Comment