27 June 2015

Termy Natter

Hey, Kiba, what's that you've got there on your computer? Some new game? Haven't seen you playing something like that before.

New game? Yes... well, more accurately, it's not a new game, so to speak...

No? Well, it's awfully flashy, I thought it would be something new-fangled.

Well, actually it's a pretty old game, but I've just started playing it because I'm in a mood to play old games. Y'know, it's not like every single game I've got is some online killfest with the latest in ragdoll physics and gore rendering. Some of these old games need to be seen for what they are in the context they were made - far simpler, less pretty, and yet kinda fun in their own right. And there's nothing wrong with liking old games, there's a whole culture around it called retro gaming. You getting any of this?

Wha... I didn't understand that last bit, but it sure sounded like some kind of philosophy of gaming. I mean, on my part if I wanted to play something a little more sedentary yet traditional I'd go for chess, rather than polo or bowls, but...

Chess? And... what and whaaat? Now you've lost me too.

 Take part in famous battles that actually took place in ancient Japan! Here, we have a Giant Enemy Crab. Attack its weak point for massive damage.

Wait, you don't know what either polo or bowls are? 

Isn't that like the mint, or something? And why would you need a bowl to eat mints? You like mints that much?

Goodness, you sure are impoverished, Kiba. I mean, it's understandable that someone of more common birth such as yourself might miss out on the pleasantries in life, but to not know at all is simply breathtaking, being deprived of knowledge itself.

Well, excuse me. So says the culturally-stilted individual such as yourself who can't even understand the appeal of retro gaming.

But in the end it's still a computer game, right? And you're still glued to a television screen or its analogue, giving the same commands, up up down down left right left right. Be a more adventurous person and try doing things that are actually different for once.

Computer games ARE different from each other. I mean, there are roleplaying games, real time strategy games, first person shooters, tactical games, four X, dating sims, multiplayer online battle arena... hell, there are even sports games! You know why no one ever made Polo Simulator 20XX? Probably because no one even plays that sport in the first place... no, probably because they'd get sued for using a copyright, but anyhow.

But you're still playing a computer game! Get outside and actually do something!
 
Who do you think you are, my parents? Hell no. And besides, they already did send me outside... that's why I'm here on this blasted island in the first place!

 She totally didn't say that because Kaguya Houraisan threatened to have her stuffed and mounted otherwise.

Ahem, right. I apologise for nagging at you. There's obviously no point in worrying about you because you're obviously in control of your own life.

That's right, and thanks... wait, worried?

Yeah, I'm definitely worried. That thing we talked about the last time, that feeling that everything on this island's being slowly harmonised? I was just... testing to see if I could provoke a response out of you. Because I don't know if you've been outside, but it's been far too quiet, too pleasant, in fact.

Well, if these statistics about the amount of killer litter flung from the higher stories of Mii Apartments are reliable, it's not like fights stopped existing. Okuu's Look-alike still needs to be called in to try to break things up as well, if the random screams and gunshots are any indication.

Yes, that is true. But remember how Okuu's Look-alike used to rant on and on about Travel Tickets, and married couples hating each other for no reason? It's like she just stopped going on about that, too. Instead, whenever the news of any household spat gets around, she's just stares on dreamily in a nearly oblivious state, as if her only response was to blink rapidly.

No, I never noticed... well, not like I could be arsed to leave the office and my laptop, if there isn't an assignment. Now that sounds completely out-of-character, I'd say her constant ranting was her defining personality trait if there ever was one.

Just thought I'd put that out here. If the "harmonising" is so pervasive it's even affecting Okuu's Look-alike, we need to be more on our guard than ever.

 *insert long rant about balancing islanders' relationships and the time investment required to actually get the Travel Tickets to do it*
 
Yeah, like writing our discoveries down before we're mind-controlled into forgetting them... you know, Yugen, you're an awful lot more thoughtful than I'd expect of a self-obsessed toff. I'm actually starting to be impressed a little.

Thanks... well, I hope that isn't a sign of us being harmonised as well.

I certainly hope not! Because if it is, I swear I'm going to find that villain Alex, drag him all the way over here and beat the truth out of him. I don't care if he's a giant stone head alien robot cyborg from the future,.

Well, there's no proof that Alex has anything to do with it at all, except that... all these things started after he arrived. And he's been strangely silent on the issue despite us having attempted to press-gang... I mean invite him to join Bunbunmaru Updates. I mean, he showed up, looked around, and took off after that.
 
Right, now you've got me all riled up, thanks to mentioning that bastard Alex. If he's thinking of bringing salvation to this island by being genesis of the brainwashing of my favourite anime and game characters!with his secret mind control, let me tell you, I'm going to rise from my machine and lug him over here to make him face his judgement day!

Well, I was hoping that really wouldn't be necessary. He did say he would be back, after all...

Did someone say Judgement? I swear I heard someone say Judgement! Wachaganadu...

BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 24th June 2015

Children 
Shikieiki Yamaxanadu announced that her wife Chiyo Mihama was pregnant with their ninth child! 

BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 25th June 2015 



BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 26th June 2015

Relationships and Marriage
Shanghai Margatroid and Konata Izumi became Best Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment