25 January 2015

Inner Circle of Hell

Hiiiiiiiii ... *gasp* .... I'm so scared! So scared!

You know, all those things Yuzu said yesterday ... about the anti-messiah having manifested on Gensokyo Island? I mean ... I thought it was a joke at first. Well, she said it was a joke, too! But then the events of today all point towards something otherworldly, something unnatural as their cause. And besides, can you really trust what she says with that creepy smile of hers? I don't know anything any more!

I mean, just look, the first thing I saw when I woke up this morning was the tentacles! It's always the tentacles!

I'm predicting a scoreline of Great Old Ones 1, Sanity 0.

What's that? What do you mean I'm confusing Lovecraft and Dante? How do you know, huh? Huh? Have you ever been to the deepest darkest pits of hell, or gazed into the infinite abyss? I mean, I haven't either, but ... there could be anything there! And I'm pretty sure that crazy girl Yuzu has, too, that's how she knows!

The next thing we knew, a foul miasma had fallen over all of Gensokyo Island. It was so horrid, it set my throat gagging and stomach churning. No, I swear I'm not like that all the time, and the weird slimy fish we picked up and ate from the beach had nothing to do with it. It's true, I'm telling you. It was so bad, it sent two of Gensokyo Island's most vile and notorious residents, two men already accustomed to a life of scum and filth, curling up on the floor in agony. I refer to today's recorded cases of Baldren Gassenarl and Mister Kimura.

I am Baldren Gassenarl, feed me now! No, not that!!! Argh, my laifu...

This is crazy! Insane! How can we explain all these horrific things happening all over Gensokyo Island if not for the birth of the anti-messiah, the beast child Hoshi? Yuzu, it's not a joke any more, I swear this is totally real! I mean, I even tried to do a little investigating of my own, asking Okuu's Look-alike and even my boss Aya Shameimaru as to what they knew about demonic manifestations and they wouldn't even reply. What do I do? What can I do!!!

I think I've got it. I need to find an expert. Someone who knows how to deal with these sorts of things. Someone who has bridged heaven, hell, and earth itself with their power. But who could that person be?

 If someone just said this to you in the street, you'd be freaked out too.

I know. Who else would be better for the job than the person I was sent to collect some scoop on today, the unflinching and irrepressible hanging judge feared by gods, men, and beasts alike. She has cowed all manner of abominations into submission through her words alone, and I believe it is through her power that her and Chiyo Mihama's fourth child, Chiyoko, was born healthy and normal even in such aberrant times as these.

I speak, of course, of Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, the Highest Judge of Paradise, one of the most powerful beings on Gensokyo Island and the subject of my next intensive research project. Shiki Eiki, protect us, save us, and banish the evil that has consumed this land!

Shikieiki Yamaxanadu
All information correct as of 25 January 2015

 
Shiki Eiki drops the hammer on an unlicensed rave party.

Name: Shikieiki Yamaxanadu
Nickname: Shiki Eiki
Date of Birth: 14th August, 2005
Personality: Confident Brainiac
Favourite Colour: Dark Blue
Quotation: "I am the law!"

Shikieiki Yamaxanadu is the Final Boss character of Touhou 9: Phantasmagoria of Flower View. Famed for being one of the most powerful beings according to Touhou canon, she is a Yama, a judge of the dead, who has the ability to perfectly determine whether any individual is good or evil, more virtuous or sinful, and in so doing either condemn them to punishment or ease their path toward reincarnation. More accurately known as Shiki Eiki (her first and last name, Yamaxanadu being her title), she is perfectly serious about her job and even when not on duty she visits Gensokyo's residents to lecture them to correct their path in life and steer themselves away from eternal damnation.

As one might expect, this manifests in Gensokyo Island as being totally serious and deadpan about just about everything. Shiki Eiki is the kind of person with absolutely zero sense of humour and who's utterly determined to do everything, and get others to do things in the perfect, lawful, and righteous way. A sort of paladin archetype, if you will. Since Shiki Eiki is frequently treated by the Touhou fandom as being short and child-like (although this is in fact untrue, she just has an extremely tall and well-developed assistant), she's also treated as a child on Gensokyo Island, as are all the residents of the second floor of Mii Apartments.

Shiki Eiki is one who frequently comes off as aggressive, condescending, and domineering due to her habit of lecturing others on their faults, even if she means well, and I'm curious as to what sort of character would be (or end up) romantically interested in such a person. As such, taking a nod from Rappaya's doujinshi series Four Seasons' House, I've decided to cast her as a Male character, so take note of this if you use her QR code.

 Shiki Eiki hanging with the boys. That look on Wriggle's face, though ...  wasn't this some time before Pochi was born?

Wife: Chiyo Mihama
Best Friend: Shinmyoumaru Sukuna
Children: Suiki, Tadakichi Mihama, Justine, Chiyoko

Today we meet our first Gensokyo Island resident who is married to a non-Touhou character. I'm not exactly sure how Shiki Eiki and Chiyo-chan hooked up, but they've been one of the closest and also most productive couples, being the fourth couple with four children and the first couple outside the original eight islanders to do so. Maybe Shiki Eiki gets along so well with Chiyo-chan simply because Chiyo-chan is perfect in every way and thus has nothing for Shiki Eiki to lecture her about. 

We'll feature the pictures of Shiki Eiki and Chiyo-chan's children on Chiyo-chan's page, once their newborn daughter Chiyoko has grown up, but for now a quick summary - Tadakichi Mihama, their second child and second son, is a resident of Gensokyo Island, and his other two siblings are travellers. Their first son Suiki was the first child ever sent out as a traveller, and unfortunately it seems that he now lies full fathom five. Thankfully, their third child and first daughter Justine has had a little success, visiting one island, although no more since then. Chiyoko is inevitably going to be sent off as a traveller, so let's take good care of her for now and not shake the baby too much!

As for best friends, Shiki Eiki gets along well with Sukuna for they have adjoining apartments. It's curious, however, that their friendship is purely platonic, with Sukuna never once trying to chase Shiki Eiki even when neither of them were married. Maybe Sukuna just likes watching the similarly pint-sized Shiki Eiki condemning taller people to an afterlife-time of eternal damnation.

Shiki Eiki demonstrates the means of subduing a much taller opponent. Don't try this at home, kiddos!

Food Preferences:
Favourite: Clam Chowder
Worst: Rice

Okuu's Look-alike Rating - Clam Chowder: Don't Like At All! If you put a peg on my nose, blindfolded me and had me drink it I'd be wondering what the heck it was. On the other hand, if I smelt it, saw it, or even if you just told me what it was I'd probably throw up. I hate all manner of seafood and especially shellfish that much.

Song Participation: 
(none)

Unfortunately, Shiki Eiki is also the first person to be featured who hasn't participated in any song yet. There will be many more of them, but for now this is mainly because I don't have all that many song ideas, and even if I did like a song I'd like it so much that I'd never write another song using the same format. It's got nothing to do with Shiki Eiki not liking singing. Maybe she does like to sing in her free time ... what little of it she has.

 Normally deadpan Shiki Eiki strikes a pose,only when she's sure no-one's watching. But I am!

Apartment: Apt. 201
Islander Rating: High Tier

Shiki Eiki, being of the second batch of characters added to Gensokyo Island, can't be expected to match up to the more experienced pioneer eight, but she definitely holds her own in the Gensokyo Island rat race. She isn't too demanding but can be strict if she needs to, as expected of one of the few people on the island to understand the concept of balance. However, a lack of an all-time favourite food is no doubt one of the things holding her back, and so too is her tendency to get into arguments with others, most likely due to her goody-two-shoes nature and her lecturing ways. 

In fact, her islander level is slightly inflated at this point due to the gifts I've given her to 'optimise' her appearance pushing her up several levels. But I guess that's because those items match her so well that she likes them so much. Even among the cast of the Touhou Project, known for their ridiculously frilly, fancy, and over-the-top outfits, Shiki Eiki's stands out, especially her incredible hat. 

Due to the limitations of Tomodachi Life it's simply impossible to replicate anything so magnificent, so she's closest to it when she's wearing the game's fanciest hat, the Regal Crown, with a Judge Robe to go along with her role as judge of the dead. Lastly, I've also given her a Checkered background to match her propensity to see everything in terms of black and white.

So, is your island a wretched hive of scum and villainy, overrun with villains and fiends of all sorts? Do you need someone with both the motivation and the might to lay down the law on the evil-doers? Are there some bad boys running rampant in your neighbourhood? Whatcha gonna do? Call Shikieiki Yamaxanadu!

Remember, the gender is set to Male. Also apologies to bkub for borrowing his awesome reference.

BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 25th January 2015

Children
Chiyoko was born to Chiyo Mihama and Shikieiki Yamaxanadu. It's their fourth child! She is a Confident Designer.

Gensokyo Gourmands
Mister Kimura tried some Tempura today. He thought it was the Worst!
Baldren Gassenarl tried some Roast Chicken today. He thought it was the Worst!   

No comments:

Post a Comment