7 January 2015

Young Journalists!

Is this thing really working? Tap, tap... Okay, here goes!

HELLO WORLD!!! It's your next top idol Umi here! Greetings from Gensokyo Island! Just wanted to tell Mom and Pop I said ...

What do you mean I'm supposed to be calling for help? Have you lost your marbles, kid? This is totally awesome! We're on an adventure and you're already crying out to go home?

Oh, you're not really crying? Ah ... ahaha ... yeah, sorry. Ahem, anyway....


I'm a really good girl! In the sense of, top quality idol material of course!


My name's Umi. I've been in this travelling business for a while now and just waiting it out at the dock with a few others on a busy island is really the least of our worries. Y'know, at least stuff actually happens nearly every day down here ... on some islands I've been to, I didn't even get a reception at all! That's not the worst of it - one of the other guys here down at the dock still bears some really nasty scars from "travelling through time" or so he says. He seems happy enough but that stare from his eyes makes him look older than the universe itself!

We've just got to be a little patient, but the boats will come eventually. I've heard nastier tales of travellers stuck forever at an abandoned immigration counter, drowning after the island they were on mysteriously vanished, or even singled out for public execution for no reason whatsoever by vindictive dictators of some of these banana republic islands. Maybe these tales are just that, silly stories to scare kids, but all in all I'm happy simply to have been given a proper reception and the opportunity to continue my journey to a new place.

That being said, however, this island's owner seems to have a rather bizarre attitude as to what's considered proper etiquette...

Is that how they say hello around here, with a smack in the face? And is that POOP you're expecting me to eat???

So yeah, this youngster over here, Hito, is really just exaggerating things a bit. Haha, can't blame him, he's just a noob at this adventuring business after all ... hey ... you aren't really crying, are you? Okay, call me "Senpai" and I'll apologise for calling you a noob, hey? Fair trade, right?

Oh, you're not crying because of that? Then what? Hey, is that ...

Perhaps all hope isn't lost after all...

Oh wow, that was unexpected! I mean, the island's owner warned us that we might have to wait for a bit but luckily for us, or at least for the red-haired guy first in line (his name's Ikiki, by the way) we only had to wait a couple of days for a boat to pull up here. You see, Hito, all of us may have suffered a setback but we just have to be patient and we'll get our chance.

Yo! Hey there, new kid! Your name's Yuzu? Oh, awesome, nice to meet you! I'm Umi, queen of Gensokyo Island and your new lord and master... oh, you knew that I wasn't? Ehehe ... just call me...

Wowee! She called me Senpai, this is so totally sweet! And I didn't even have to ask! Here, have my name card. Umi senpai, at your service!

What am I doing? Just fiddling with some transmission device that my pal Hito over here brought with him. Wanna say something? What do you mean later? You've got to talk to the person running Gensokyo Island first? Oh, okay. Just watch out though, she'll slap you in the face, take photos of you in the bath and feed you poop. What d'ya mean ... of course I'm not joking! I'm not laughing either, hehe! See you in a bit!

I think I'm older than this dang island itself! All praise me, Umi senpai!

It's been a couple of days since we picked up our queue numbers to board the ship off this island. Since, y'know, the unfortunate incident resulting in the abrupt severance of diplomatic and trade ties with the rest of the world, or at least the world we knew. I've been wandering around this island looking for things to do to occupy my time and I received a rather unusual offer from a seedy-looking but quite excitable lady by the name of Aya Shameimaru.

She said something like "Hey, I'm running this island's newspaper and I'm always on the hunt for the big scoops. You look like someone who's seen a bit, do you wanna help me out while you're stuck on this island, and become a junior reporter for my paper?" And I thought, heck, I'm stuck with nothing to do so I'd might as well chip in and have a little bit of fun on the side.

Oh, it was a little later that I found out from this island's residents that Aya had been bugging them to help for ages and they had all wisely refused. Too late for me to back out I guess! It's a good thing I roped Hito into this too - he seemed quite happy to come along with me in fact. And now let me see if I can get Yuzu in on it too when she gets back to the port ... hehe, I feel seedier just thinking about this already!

So, from today onward and for as long as we're on this island, we hereby present the Bunbunmaru News' Gensokyo Island updates, written by yours truly. And Hito kouhai too, of course. And Yuzu too ... hey, Yuzu, get over here! I have a business proposition for you...

Yesss! I'm now 5th in line to leave! All praise Umi senpai!

BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 7th January 2015

Traveller Updates
A boat from Gotchi Island arrived. Yuzu of Ninten Island alighted, Ikiki of Ryouta Island departed.

Children
Alexandre was born to Yuuka Kazami and Augustine Sycamore. It's their first child! He is a Confident Designer.
Youmu Konpaku announced that she was pregnant with her and Drake Kitazawa's first child!
Overlord Mao announced that his wife Patchouli Knowledge was pregnant with their first child!

No comments:

Post a Comment