30 April 2015

Love's Labour's Lost

Ehehe... being an in-ves-ti-gative jour-na-list, no being a bloody nosey reporter can be totally wizard at times. Popping out from who knows where, outta somebody's closet, just to get that perfect scoop, it gets my blood pumping it does!

Oh, isn't that... salutations, Rebecca. Would you happen to be...

Heyo, Eugene, how's it goin'? I've just got these lovely snaps of...

It's Yugen. Really, I don't wish to repeat myself. And if it's today that you'll be writing your first report, you'll be needing this. A transcript of a correspondence that has mysteriously found its way to Gensokyo Island's shores in a suspiciously short period of time.

Ooh, a letter? Give it here! Let's 'ave a quick look-see...

 Small in the grand scheme of things? Isn't that just because you're far away from the camera? Physics, m'dear girl.

Yuuko is the second daughter of Yuyuko Saigyouji and Maximiliian Magma. She's written back from a place called Icecream Island to describe her experiences in the mysterious land on the opposite side of the space-time portal, but how exactly did she manage to have this letter delivered...

And how exactly did that selfish arse of an island's owner not let her snap a selfie with one of the residents? That's, like, so not on. I mean, I got to pose with that hacker-ray girl and all, it was the tops!

Um, well, I suppose it would be unreasonable to attempt to divine each island's owner's intentions. Okuu's Look-alike seems really liberal and permissive with what the islanders and us travellers are allowed to do, but I fear that all of this is just playing into some secret agenda of hers...
Talking about getting around, hey hey, you'll never guess just who I spotted creeping around in the dark just earlier, down by that old dinged-up concert hall...

Creeping around? Was it they who were creeping around, or was it you... oh whatever, just tell me.
 
Sometimes the silence alone explains everything. As well as the fact that you're both alone inside a big empty and dark building.

If I've got those names right, that's Shinichi Yasaka and Toyohime Kirisame, both second-generation islanders... no, Shinichi is the only third-generation islander and the very first one at that. And yet, from what I've observed of him, he has a rather old-fashioned air about him, probably due to his parents. He's turned out to be a rather respectable chap, if I may say so...

... and he was like, just, 'Will you date me?' and she was like 'Sure!'. It was the most boring and straightforward confession I've ever heard, but I'll be darned if that's what made it one of the most interesting things I've heard!

Oh, that sounds... rather dull, truly. If that's really all he had to say I'm not surprised that he took this long to finally woo a lady.

Yep. He must've thought that, like some bone idol in a temple, he could just loaf about and wait for a virgin sacrifice. Making the first move was harder than he ever thought.

Ah, how unfortuante... for a moment I believed he was the sort of person I'd like to get along with. That's not true, sadly.

Hey, don't be so glum! Today's a smashing day! I've spotted even the saddest man on Gensokyo Island had some real cheer today, so chin up, mate!

I... I didn't mean being sad in a literal sense, it's just a figure of speech... but "saddest man in Gensokyo Island"? Who could that be? And what could have happened to make him happy?

To answer that, take a look at these brilliant snaps!

 Where is this place, anyway? And where the heck did a city in the background come from? Must be the Lunatic Red Eyes at work.

Saddest man... I see, it's Mr. Despair himself, Nozomu Itoshiki. I've seen him hanging around with that girl with the removable rabbit ears, Reisen Udongein Inaba... so he worked up the courage to propose? The man deserves some respect.

Aw, not really. He was more, like, "I'm in despair! Our relationship has left me in despair! That we haven't got married after waiting for so long has left me in despair!" and she was probably thinking something like "you wot mate" but finally came around to his idea. Anyone would be thick to not take the hint with four other lovey-dovey couples sitting around 'em at that point.

Which reminds me that I should figure out where this restaurant is. I'm plain starved for a decent meal and I'd really like to make a reservation.

Well, it's more like a movie set, really. It's a painting they've got put up in the back there, and, ah, I don't even think that's food they're eating. More like paper or wooden copy. That's why no one ever gets full, y'see?

Really! I... I don't know what to think about that. 

Oh, it's okay! Some folks on this island are already used to eating imitation food, anyway. But others just hate it.

I know even less of what to think about that.

 Huzzah! Utonium celebrates the discovery of a new secret formula guaranteed to liquefy aliens and anti-messiahs. Like Hoshi.

Well, it's seems that you're rather a natural with this candid photography charade, Rebecca, you could probably become a full-fledged member of the junior reporter team with ease. As for me, I'm still learning the ropes.

Nah, just picking up a couple of tips 'n tricks around here. Y'know that other girl, the one that was here before us and who's just about to leave? She taught me quite some bit too.

Indeed, that explains so much. Now if only someone could teach you how to transform your speech patterns into something a little more easily understood.
What you say?


BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 28th April 2015

Traveller Updates
Yuuko, daughter of Yuyuko Saigyouji and Maximillian Magma, wrote back from Icecream Island! She has visited 1 island so far.

Relationships and Marriage
Shinichi Yasaka and Toyohime Kirisame became Sweethearts! It was Shinichi who confessed his love.
Utsuho Reiuji and Nozomu Itoshiki became Best Friends!
Drake Kitazawa and Shinichi Yasaka became Best Friends!

Gensokyo Gourmands
Drake Kitazawa tried some Cherries today. It's his Favourite food!

BUNBUNMARU UPDATES, 29th April 2015

Relationships and Marriage
Nozomu Itoshiki proposed to Reisen Udongein Inaba today. She accepted! Congratulations to the newly married couple!

Gensokyo Gourmands
Hoshi Toramaru tried a Gyro today. He thought it was the Worst Ever!     

No comments:

Post a Comment